Monday, July 26, 2004

DOS CALCETINES DE LANA 

  

   





  Here are the Pearls of Wisdom socks from Socks, Socks, Socks with the last stanza of the Pablo Neruda poem in Spanish. (Scroll down a few blog entries to see the full text of the poem in English.) These were knit in Nature Spun sport weight on size 2 dpns.











I made a lot of changes to the pattern mostly out of sheer laziness on my part. The punta edging looked too complicated, I tried the two-color purling and that was extremely slow so I scrapped it. The original pattern also has you charting out your own text on the feet of the socks and I was too lazy to do that so I used less text on the cuffs and put it on the feet instead. I also changed the heels to add more colors although I think the heels on the original socks look better. The socks use small beads in the circles but I duplicate stitched with lime green there instead.



The text on the socks: "Dos veces es belleza, la belleza, y lo que es bueno, es doblemente bueno, cuando se trata de  dos calcetines de lana, en el invierno, Pablo Neruda."