Monday, October 12, 2009

One blogging nation

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that My Manila made it as a finalist in the Best Photo Blog nationwide category of the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards. That alone was a big surprise because I knew that the category was very popular and would have had lots of nominees. When I visited the other finalists and discovered that out of the nine, seven were professionals and the other two were serious hobbyists, the fact that my blog even made it to the finals was even more astounding. I think that most of you know by now that I don't even think of myself as an amateur photographer. I tend to think of myself as a blogger who happens to have photos in my posts. Though I knew that I couldn't win given the exceptional quality of the photos of the nine, my husband and I still attended the awarding last Friday, October 9. I've never been to an event of that kind and wanted to see what it was like. This was the poster in front of the venue. The screen shot of My Manila is the first of the dark blue squares in the L. And in case you're wondering, the winner of the Best Photo Blog category is a photographer named Estan Cabigas.

Philippine Blog Awards 2009



It's funny how things turn out sometimes. I wrote this post on Sunday and scheduled it for Tuesday, then I got news on Monday that Jacob and Lois Anne had given me their Pixel Perfect Award! Coming from two amazing photographers, it's a great honor. So now I have strangely mixed announcements. Strangely mixed, that's me. :)

Pixel Perfect Award The Pixel Perfect award is given to a photo blogger who exhibits exceptional photographic skill in terms of artistic creativity, composition, sharpness and exposure. The criteria for receiving this award also includes a commitment to the City Daily Photo community.

Thank you, Jacob and Lois Anne!