Friday, June 25, 2010

Something old and something new

One of the city's iconic landmarks, the distinctive architecture of the 1965 Toronto City Hall also serves as the city's logo. This was part of the view from my aunt and cousin's hotel room.

Toronto City Hall


The magnificent 1926 Ontario Government Building is now called the Liberty Grand and is an events venue. My nephew's wedding (the reason why we were in Toronto in the first place) was in its lovely courtyard, and the dinner reception was in its Centennial Room.

lakefront entrance of the Liberty Grand in Toronto


N & A: I hope the two of you had a great time touring Europe! D & B: Words are not enough to express our gratitude for everything that you gave us and did for us. But, thank you. And I hope we get to see the four of you in Manila next year.

And to everyone who came by during my past two weeks' virtual Canadian tour: I had a great time reliving our visit while choosing and editing photos, and researching and writing the posts, and I hope that you enjoyed your visit too.