Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's Inside Your Bag?



That is one of our most asked questions here at PPSOP, and honestly, it is something we really don't think about (unless we head out the door and forget to bring it!!!).

I have a tendency to carry most of my gear, regardless of what or where I will be heading for the day, for you never know what one will find. I know many others that only carry what they need for what they are shooting, but there has been numerous occasions where when I am done, or perhaps I didn't find what I was looking for, other opportunities will appear, and if I had not had the right equipment, that shot would of been lost forever.

So what do I usually carry? I shoot with a Canon EOS 40D, and I have an assortment of lenses from the 10-22, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200L, 60 Macro, Extension Tubes, 1.4x Converter, and sometimes my 400L. Also, I have an assortment of filters, extra batteries, several CF cards, wired remote, bubble level, bulb blower, lens hoods and plenty of business cards. It can be fairly heavy at times, but the trade off is well worth the effort to ensure I am fully prepared for the special moment!

Robert La Follette
www.robertlafollette.com