Monday, November 16, 2009

Trash and laundry

I posted photos of North Park's congee last year. Now here's a photo of their funky lamps. I actually like them but they also kind of remind me of a crumpled ball of paper. And the ceiling drapes, good for diffusing light and improving acoustics in a box-like room, remind me of bedsheets hung out to dry. Or maybe I'm just feeling domestic right now.

orange lamp at North Park

I recently discovered a lovely photoblog about the Philippines. Bobby Wong Jr. likes to travel around the country and takes the most gorgeous photos and posts one every week. Looking at his images of this beautiful country, I was reminded once again why I haven't given up on the Philippines. And as my thanks to Bobby, I invite you all to visit his blog:
Postcards from Manila