Monday, July 19, 2010

Diesel Locomotive


Good morning to you all! Today's picture shows a Santa Fe Railroad diesel freight locomotive. It is being washed in the roundhouse in Argentine, Kansas. I always liked trains, and like some of the vintage trains you can ride in different places in the country. Two of the best are the Combres and Toltec narrow gauge, and the Durango and Silverton narrow gauge. If you ever get the chance, it is well worth the effort to take these rides.

Domestic Update:


I made reasonable progress on the greenhouse yesterday. I am putting in the pipes that go between the arches. This is a slow and hard job. It requires you to drill lots of holes for the bracket each place one of the bars crosses one of the arches. It is hard to drill the holes, because you have two steel pipes, and the bit wants to jump off the pipe. I have two more pipes that have to be put on, and then I start connecting the aluminum strips that have the slots for the plexiglass cover to go into. Hopefully I will get this thing finished this summer.