Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Week in Photos

The exciting news this week in New Mexico is that we saw cold temperatures that haven't been seen here since 1971. Accordingly we had two pipes burst; the first one flooded the lower level of the house (luckily I don't have carpet!) and then the second one burst after the plumber had been here and left. That time only the laundry room was flooded. All in all it was a rather drastic method of cleaning my floors.




In less dramatic news DH bought me a nook for Valentine's Day (the regular not the color because my eyes didn't want a backlit ereader) so I could read library ebooks. I still love my old Kindle 2 (on the right) which I will still use for cookbooks. The Albuquerque library has a nice selection of ebooks but I may also join the Free Library of Philadelphia for their larger collection ($15 a year for out-of-state residents, click the purple download media button to see their ebooks ).


 

I knit DH another pair of socks. This time I made the Pennant Socks from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. I used Elann's Peruvian Highland Sport and size 4 (US) dpns and cast on 60 sts.  And yes, unfortunately, DH wearing socks with sandals is a pretty common occurrence around here


I'm off now to finish my Colors of the Andes socks from Stephanie van der Linden's Around the World in Knitted Socks. I am using colors that remind me of Santa Fe.