Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day-tripping

THEME DAY: PASSAGEWAY • Alright, I'm cheating again here because we've left Metro Manila. We're on the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway, better known as SCTEx, although where exactly, I have no idea. The SCTex goes through three provinces north of Manila: Pampanga, Bataan and Tarlac. Since it opened in 2008, day trips from Manila to the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, which is located in the province of Zambales, have become easier; it is 110 kilometers away from Manila but the trip now only takes an hour and forty five minutes compared to three hours before the road was constructed. Last year, I took a trip to Subic Bay with my sister and nieces. This time, my girlfriends and I went a bit farther. Come back tomorrow to see where we spent last Thursday.

Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: Passage a: a road, path, channel, or course by which something passes b: a corridor or lobby giving access to the different rooms or parts of a building or apartment. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants.

SEE IT SUNDAY: DIRECTION