Sunday, January 30, 2011

Early 1900's


Welcome to early 1900's week here at OPOD. I really find the era betweeen 1900 and 1915 to be very interesting. It was a time when cars were just becoming popular, and you would see scenes with both horse carriages and cars sharing the same street. Peope dressed nicely, and everything seemed so nice and proper. I have found some great pictures and hope you enjoy the week.

Domestic Update:

I have been busy this week and have built a plant nursery in the garage. It is a place where I can get vegetables started without taking up space in the greenhouse. 


The system uses the same hydroponic buckets that are used in the Bean Barn. The lights and irrigation are on timers, so it should not take any time to keep going. Once the plants get big and are ready to produce, the bucket will be moved to the greenhouse, and new plants will be started. This should allow me to grow more in the greenhouse, since growing space will not be taken by plants just getting started.

Handsome Jack has been very busy as well this week. His work crews are back, and it definitely looks like some sort of construction is going on behind Chickie Town. I was able to snap a few pictures from the Oak Grove.


It appears that some sort of welding is going on. I also noticed some heavy equipment starting to move steal beams into place. 



I continued to watch the work and tried to look for a chance to go ask to workers what was going on. They took a break and I got my shot.


I started to walk up to them to ask them what they were building, but then Handsome saw me, and jumped in front of me, and distracted me with all his feathers. When he does that I become mesmerized, and start counting all the eyes he has.


Isn't that magnificent feathers he has. Have you ever seen so many eyes. It is like they are all looking at you at the same time. What a magnificent bird.