Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gas Station Body Work


Today's picture is from the 1920's and shows the garage attached to a gas station. You can see the station offered not only gasoline, but body work and auto painting as well. I can remember Mr. Gay's filling station, which we frequented in the 1960's offered body work, and auto painting. He did each job with great pride. 

I enjoyed all the lively discussion on yesterday's picture. Apparently a lot of you remember the Jimmy Carter gas lines. I got a nasty comment from what appeared to be a Jimmy Carter fan. I deleted it. I don't mind snide comments from long time visitors/contributors, but don't like drive by shooters. If you are going to leave snide comments, you need to first become part of the community here. Just the way we are going to do things here.