Thursday, December 30, 2010

END OF YEAR POST

I was hoping to do more on floats this week but I'll get to it next week. Instead I wanted to look back at 2010 which was a good year overall. Knitting-wise perhaps not so much. I remember back a few years ago when I'd tally somewhere near a hundred small projects a year and this year it was more like 15-20. So that is my New Year's knitting resolution - to knit a lot more. I'd like to have more like 100 projects to show you in 2011. I have one final project to design using the gorgeous Sunday Knits yarns and then I'm going to focus on other people's designs while I work on a cookbook project.



The KP Chullo was my favorite project of the year. Here is a photo of it dry. I really like working with kits so I'm going to put some effort into finding colorwork kits to knit in 2011. I already know I'm going to get the Starmore Hat Trick kit and the Renaissance Dyeing Kilim Socks kit (3 colors per row!).

My fave design this year was my Chamrousse Gloves - I must have liked them because I knit them three times.




My favorite new book was Stephanie Van Der Linden's Around The World in Knitted Socks.

My favorite new yarn was the Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe - I really need to order some more for a project.

My favorite online knitting discovery was Sock Knitter's Anonymous on Ravelry. I became involved last summer when my knitting mojo was pretty low and being around so many incredibly passionate knitters (with some serious knitting skills) was very therapeutic.

ONE LAST NOTE: You have until midnight (Mountain Time) tonight to vote for the Stranded forum's next KAL project. Go HERE to vote for all of your favorite projects; the KAL will start January 1.


Bubbles has made some New Year's Resolutions as well - 1) Take more bunny naps, 2) Eat more delicious treats, and 3) Insist on more jaw rubs from her two bunny slaves.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!