Sunday, December 12, 2010

Old Tractor


Today's picture is from 1943, and shows men working on a tractor. I really like this picture because I like the tractor and the pickup in the background. On the farm I grew up on, there was a tractor just like this one, and also several pickups like the one in the background. Really takes me back to a simpler time. I would love to find an old pickup just like that.

Domestic Update:

Once again, no pictures of Chickie Town today. The girls are all molting, and I think they would appreciate some privacy until they get their good feathers back. Also it was really windy and cold yesterday, so not much chance of getting any good pictures.

I have been busy in the greenhouse. I am taking the assorted small systems out, to make room for the new large systems. The greenhouse will have two systems. One system is a bucket system that will have room for 64 vine type plants. The buckets are good for tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, bell peppers and broccoli. Then there is a tray system that will have room to grow 350 leaf type plants. This system will grow lettuce, spinach, and other greens. My goal is to have the new systems completely installed over the Christmas break.